Please let us know about YOUR concerns for the lake...and then pitch in and help!
These are some of the threats to Beaver Lake that ABLE is working on:
Failing or inappropriate waste treatment systems
Non-compatible and harmful types of development
Grandview Heights Condominuims - see photo above!
This high-rise, high density project located near the rear of Coose Hollow on the north side of the Prairie Creek arm of the lake. The project was proposed by a group of New York developers in conjunction with a local developer, Kevin Harrison.
1. The developers have little or no previous experience with high-rise residential development.
2. The developers have no experience outside of urban settings.
3. The proposed buildings are completely unique in NW Arkansas and not compatible with the surrounding land use or lake-area environment.
4. Other major concerns include sewage disposal, surface water runoff, public safety, noise and light pollution, and infrastructure improvements.
5. As of this date the developers have started site work (see above picture) but have not fulfilled most of the ten stipulations in their preliminary approval Nov 2005. Key stipulations include: Completion Bond, ADEQ Waste treatment permit, and road improvements near the project entrance.
6. The developers have formally requested a two year variance on their project approval. The initial two year approval was set to end on July 25, 2008. They want an additional two years to complete the project which we are opposed to. A public hearing will be held at the Benton County Quorum Court room on the 3rd floor of the county administration building on Wednesday, July 16th at 5:30 p.m. Seating is limited, so please be there between 4:30 and 5 to get a seat. Public comment is limited to 30 minutes, each speaker is limited to 3 minutes.